Wednesday, May 6, 2009

3 more days....

So I've decided keeping up with a blog is harder than I thought... I never have enough motivation or time to write. Oh well. This summer I'll have more time probably.

So speaking of this summer... it starts in 3 days. That's right... I am finally graduating college and I am gradating in 3 days... on Saturday. I will graduate with my B.S. in Communications and a minor in Business Administration, with honors. I'm almost positive I completed my goal of graduating Cum Lade. :-D Since the economy is not doing so good, it is really hard to find a job. I have decided to take the summer off, and have one last summer vacation. I'll work as a swim coach at Rhodes in the morning and work at Texas Roadhouse in the evenings.

I will be taking the LSATs and GRE come June. I won't necessarily use those, but it's good to have options. I'm also thinking about getting my teaching certificate. I wouldn't mind doing that (then I might be able to help with softball wherever I end up :)) I wouldn't be a teacher forever, but maybe for a few years. Who knows, mybe I would love it... like most of the rest of the family. :-P Let's see we have 8 I believe (I'm counting the mom's that home school). Although, law school has always interested me and I've been told I should be a lawyer for a long time, so who knows. I have to get past the LSATs for that one first (and from the little I've read, that test scares me!)

Well that's an update on my life. It's pretty simple. Finishing off softball this week. Btw, on that note, the Varsity beat Castle last night 3 to 2. Just to give you an idea of how cool that is. Castle is like the number one school in the state for pretty much every sport, especially softball. The last time Mater Dei beat Castle was many many many years ago. There was lots of cheering, jumping up and down, and horn honking when we got back to school. We decided to have practice today though to bring them back down from their high and get them focused on the game on Thursday.

Graduation on Saturday! Erin and Gavin will be here tomorrow and parents and sister will be here on Friday, and they're going to come watch my softball game! :) Sunday I will leave Evansville. It's very sad, but for the next few days I'll be packing and saying good-bye. I seriously don't think it'll hit me until next August, when I don't go back to school. We'll see. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

No comments: