Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yay cold weather!

So I love the cold weather. It's getting quite cold here. Today is the warmest it's been in about 2 weeks and the high today is 48. I have a friend from Normal, Illinois who is like, this isn't cold, and has yet to wear pants. Every time i see him he has shorts on. Last night it was 28 degrees outside and we walked over to the volleyball game together, and i was like, you do realize it's below freezing... that usually constitutes time to wear pants, and he's like, no use in putting on pants until it snows. Ummm... ok, w/e.

So I have Bronchitis. I've been been hacking up a lung for about 2 months now. I called into work on Sunday because I had to write a paper, and i used my coughing as an excuse. My boss told me to bring in a doctor's note (are in junior high?). So I went to the health center on monday, and they made an appt w/ the doctor here for wednesday. So i went today and he was like, yup, you have bronchitis... good job. So yay me for bronchitis.

Also, it's volleyball IM season!!! I'm playing on two teams, Phi Mu (women's) and Trojans (Co-ed). My Co-ed team rocks, we've won both games so far. I play with Chris, my ex, and a couple of my friends from Harlaxton. My Phi Mu team is not quite so good. Like 5 of us have played before, which in my mind would make us pretty good, but our goal is to get it over the net... none of this pass, set, hit stuff, which tends to be our downfall. That and we're not so good at working as a team because we have two members who like to be ball hogs and they're not good enough to be ball hogs, not even close.

On the academic front, it's been crazy. Yesterday I had a 6 page paper or WWII POWs due and amedia contacts list with 25 media contacts on it. I researched for the paper all last week, but my weekend was insane. Friday was Work, Saturday was Initiation, fmaily dinner, and homecoming, Sunday was supposed to be work, then exec meeting, then formal meeting with elections, and elections take about 5 hours on avg. I tried to work on my paper Saturday night, but my brain was not into working on it. Sunday i started working on it at 11:30, but nothing wsa coming to my mind, so i wrote an outline, got done with the outline about 6, and then went to formal meeting until 11:30 (yay elections). Amanda and I went out for a midnight snack afterwards so about 12:30 i got back and worked on my paper. About 5 am I finally got done and went to bed. got up at 8 for class, monday I spent the day working on my media contacts list, headlines, and audio homework. I had volleyball that night, and after i had a text msg from my friend stephanie. Her mom wsa in the hospital with chest pains, so i went over and gave her some company and we watched forrest gump. So about 1:30 i went back to working on it, and about 5:30 I went to bed. Got up at 9:30 so i could finish wokring on it, and then skipped lunch to finish it and was two minutes late to class because the printer i was using on campus was out of paper.

Last night was my just relax/sleep night. I went bowling with m firend luke and bowled a 78... woot! (sad thing is, that's with 2 strikes). Then i had volleyball. We lost. I was going to go to bed around 11 last night, but Luke asked if i wanted to watch a movie, so I was like sure, and so he came over, and finally, about 2, I went to bed. Honestly, I'm surprised I lasted that long though. Oh the life of a college student. Tonight is work, then volleyballat 10:15 if i get off in time, then bed.

No comments: