Thursday, December 11, 2008

Excting news!

So, as a few of you know... I got pulled over coming home over Thanksgiving... big surprise there. I was really trying not to speed going home too, but that's another story. Anyways. I also didn't have my updated insurance card, so i got two tickets, and a court date to show my insurance card so I wouldn't have to pay the second one. Well the court date was for December 12th at 1 pm... right during finals. At the time, I was thinking this sucks... I'm gonna see if I can get it changed. I called on Monday and whoever I spoke to said, finals weren't enough of an emergency to change my court date, and they only had it once a month anyways. At the time I was thinking, it's a good thing I really don't have finals that day.

I went to my jury rehearsal last night and realized that my jury for my vocal lessons are on Friday at 3:30. Henry, the place where the court is, is 3 hours away. Obviously that wouldn't work. Well of course, I freaked out. So my parents told me to call again today and speak to the city court clerk, since that is the person who makes the docket. So I did, and i told her that I had a final at the same time in Indiana, where I go to school, and I asked her what my options were. She said she would change my court date to the 16th of Jan at 1pm, but if I didn't show up, my license would be suspended. Well the only thing that i'll have is class. :) I can totally skip class, especially since I know all my profs and they know me. :)

Thank you city court clerk, Tania! You just saved me $104!

No comments: