Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finals

So it's finals time here in Evansville which is a time of crazy parties and quiet studying... how do those two mix? Well let me tell you. We have a dead day every semester before finals. It's called Reading/Study Day and it's the Wednesday before finals begin. There are no classes this day. It's like a Saturday in the middle of the week. :) So that Tuesday night becomes one of the last crazy party nights because no one has anything to do the next day. The theater students have ladies' night and man's night. The fraternities usually open their doors to anyone who wants to come, and there's usually one fraternity/sorority that has their semi-formal/formal that night, and therefore... and after party.

Last night was Sig Ep's semi-formal... Blitzen. I didn't get invited to the dance, but I did get invited to the after party. :) My friends Kellie, Claudia, Jesse, Jason, Andrew, and I all had a good time. Lots of dancing... and maybe some drinking too. ;) Then after everyone recvoers the next day... the studying begins for finals, since finals start on Thursday. So everyone studies like crazy for two days and then take a break on friday and saturday. Then on Sunday the studying begins again until finals are over. As soon as your done you go home for Christmas... of course there are a few brave souls who will have fun before finals. I'm not one of them.

Tomorrow night is senior bar crawl though. It should be a fun time. The seniors are all really excited about this. :) Friday is my first final... it's my voice jury. I'm really nervous and excited for this. Saturday night I'm going to a redneck party with my friend JPatt. I have my next final on monday night, one on tuesday at 12:30, and my last one is on Wed. at 10:15... then i will probably head home and work quite a bit over break. :) Last fall finals ever! AHHH! Scary. :(

No comments: