Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Running the show

So this week my mom and sister are in Colorado backpacking around the mountains. I went on the same trip 4 years ago, and I am sure they are being challenged, but having a blast at the same time. So since they're gone, that leaves dad and me for the week. I actually don't remember a time when dad and I have been on our own for more than a weekend. There's not much difference. Only difference is I'm making dinner every night I'm home instead of just every other Tuesday.

Since mom is gone, that takes away one of the the four swim coaches for Rhodes, which doesn't seem bad except that another one of the coaches is busy with Rhodes orientation this week, so he hasn't been at practices either. That leaves Carla and I coaching around 90 kids a day. Also, Carla's youngest son Kyle has been sick all week and hasn't been getting better, so a visit to the hospital might be on the agenda tonight for her, which would leave me to run the show at practice tomorrow. That's kinda scary since usually we have two different practices going on at the same time. I really hope Kyle doesn't have to go to hospital... for more than one reason.

Last, but not least. Work. I work Wed, Fri, Sat, and Sun, usually. Last weekend, I got up the nerve to ask my boss if I could sit down with him sometime to discuss what I would need to do to be considered for a management position should one open up while I am working there (since there's a good chance I'll be there for a while). He suggested I come in early on Wed and we can sit down and talk. Hopefully good things will come. While at work on Sunday I had one of the assistant managers (who's also my friend) ask if I could help her enter guest information (also known as fishbowls). $7 an hour, I can do it from home. So yesterday I spent 6 hours watching TV and entering fishbowls. I'm hoping that'll win me brownie points, and the fact that the other assistant managers love me, can't hurt either. So we'll see what happens tomorrow. It'll be a long day.

Tonight... TRANSFORMERS 2!!!!!!! Midnight showing.

No comments: