Friday, August 20, 2010

I have internet!

So I finally have internet so I can finally update y'all on what's going on!!!

So I moved down to Oxford, MS this past Monday. I got up at like 7 am and headed out the door half an hour later with my car packed. Got here around 9 - 9:30, got unpacked, and waited around for Comcast to come out and see if they can service my house for internet. Now I was back in my room unpacking all morning, and I didn't see them in the afternoon, so I assumed they had come that morning. Being in a new house was weird that first day. I was trying to read and do some of the homework I had already gotten, but I could not concentrate! When Lori, my roommate, got home from work, it was a little better, because at least there was someone else in the house, and that night when I went to bed, I slept great (my bed, is like sleeping on a cloud! I love it! Best investment ever)!!!

Tuesday, I went out and did all my errands... grocery shopping, getting the lay of the town and campus, etc... I also called Comcast, and they had no clue what I was talking about, someone coming out to service my house, mostly because they had no clue where Oxford, MS was. This really made me mad because I had been jerked around by them for like 2 days last week about this same thing. So I called dad, and was like, I'm done with Comcast, and he said before we did that, to let him call and see if he could figure it out. About a half hour later he called to tell me that Comcast didn't service Oxford, but gave me the name of a company that did, the phone number, and the person he had been speaking to. I called them up, and made an appt. to get my internet installed Friday! I was super happy! Another big thing of the day, is while I was getting the lay of the land, I got into a fender bender. Go figure. Basically, this guy and myself were both backing out at the same time and we backed into each other. So, that was pleasant.

Wednesday and Thursday was taken up with orientation (see next blog for synopsis on those days).

Then today, Friday, I went to go get my Mississippi driver's license because I HAVE to establish residency after this year, it cuts my tuition by more than half! In order to do that, I have to have a MS driver's license, MS voter's registration card, and MS tags on my car. So I got the first two done, and found out that in order to get the tags I needed the car title and an odometer reading. Dad is coming into town tomorrow to help me finish putting things together, and he is going to bring the title then, so sometime next week, I'll be able to go to get that done. The only other thing I have to do is stay in MS for a year (that includes the summer), and then I'll be set. I also had the Metrocast people come out and give me internet today. They left about 1 and said the internet will take about a half hour to get to the modem, but then I should be good to go. About 5:30 I called them saying that I still wasn't getting internet, and after about 45 minutes of waiting, they informed me that they had the wrong Mac Address... go figure, but they got the problem fixed, and now I have internet!!!!

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with Lori, her boyfriend, and one of her friends. Tomorrow, Dad is coming in, in the afternoon, to finish helping me set up some things (like I said above), and then that evening, I'm going to a potluck dinner with some new friends that I met at orientation. :) I am kind of excited. Then on Sunday I have to finish the reading for classes. Then, on Monday... I start classes!!! Definitely ready to get going. I know that on Thursday, the LSSB is having a Back to School Party (btw, one good thing about law school, is that everyone is legal to drink here, so parties, can have alcohol with not a ton of rules), and then the next week are elections (and I think I'm going to run for something, either LSSB or Honor Council, not sure yet), and then Sept. 4 is the first home game, and I am beyond excited about that!!!

No comments: