Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Reunited and it feels so good....

I'm back!!!!

Obviously, that was longer than a month. Sorry y'all!

So to catch you up: Finals went well. I passed all my classes, so I'm pretty pleased about that. Then i got three weeks of Christmas vacation. The first two weeks I worked at the Roadhouse and made some really good money. Christmas was awesome. I got an iPod, concert tickets, new suits, new video games, and a bunch of other stuff. It was a good Christmas.

For New Year's Eve, I came back down to Oxford and met up with a friend of mine. We had a blast hanging out on the Square because it was just as crowded as a normal wknd, but there wasn't a bunch of undergrads running around, it was just the locals. I spent my third week running errands, hanging out with friends, and generally just relaxing.

So this past weekend it was time to come back. They were predicting massive amounts of snow for the South, and I didn't really believe, but I hoped. So Sunday, my friend Travis flew into Memphis, and I picked him up and we headed back to school. Unfortunately/fortunately the predictions were true. Travis's flight was delayed about 4 hours, and so when I finally got him, oxford had already been getting snow for about two hours. We hit the storm pretty much right as we got into MS. What normally is a 1.5 hour drive turned into a 3.5 hour drive. However, we made it, safe and sound. AND... there was tons of snow on the ground!!!!

We ended up getting b/t 6 and 8 inches of snow depending on where you were. Needless to say I was beyond excited! I have a bunch of friends who live in an apartment complex with a huge hill behind them, and they hit it up Sunday night for sledding. Monday (and Tuesday) was a snow day. So the few people who had 4-wheel drive came and rescued the rest of us. We all headed over to the Links (the apt complex), and had a sledding party. We headed out to the hill about 11:30 and we were out there playing, sledding, and generally just having a good time until about 3:30. It was one of the best snow days ever, however, I am definitely feeling it today. (SO WORTH IT!!!)

After we were all really cold, we headed to someone's apartment to get warm. Some of the guys ran to the store to get supplies. They came back with two pizzas and two whole chickens. So they made beer can chicken (it was really good actually), and then after that was done, put the pizza in. After a few hours there, we ended up moving across the complex to someone else's apt to watch the BCS Championship Bowl game. My friend Kevin and I stayed until about half time, and then went back to his apt to watch the second half. After that, I headed home.

Let me just say... BEST SNOW DAY EVER!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better first day back.

So today is snow day #2. I don't think there's any big sledding parties again (unfortunately), but I need to finish reading for class (b/c I doubt we'll have three snow days), I need to shovel my driveway so I can get out, and maybe go over to the new law school to check it out. We'll see though, maybe there's a movie night that could happen tonight. :)

I'll post pics shortly from yesterday. The ones above were all taken by a friend w/ a professional camera who captured our awesome day.

No comments: