Sunday, March 27, 2011

US v. Ripley Part 1

This appellate brief has pretty much consumed my life this past week and weekend. But it's done. I got it knocked down from just over 17 pages to right at 15. I got all the cites and capitalizations and little grammar errors fixed (I hope). The formatting is done on everything. And I sent a copy to my professor and the person I'm doing my oral arguments against. All I have to do now is print it out, get it bound, and turn it in by 5pm on Wednesday. If feels so good to be almost done with it. I am very proud. I think oral arguments will be fun as well. As long as I don't choke that is.

I wish I could say I could take breather, but it's the second half of the semester, and while in undergrad that basically means you can check out, in law school it means, let's fire it up baby. So while I'm turning in my appellate brief this week, I'm also turning in a homework assignment at the end of the week, writing a paper due on Monday, "preparing" for my Research final next friday, attending various meetings this week, beginning my flash cards for my finals, looking for an apartment, registering for classes this friday, and on top of all of this I have my regular reading. I wanted to do this, right?

On the bright side, this week I officially booked my flight for England!!! I leave on June 21 and come back on August 9. I'm spending the first few days with my grandparents and then I'll head to Cambridge and spend 6 weeks in school (it'll be fun though) and then I'll have about 4 days for a mini vacation to somewhere. Then schools tarts back about 2.5 weeks after I get back. At this point I'm just trying to figure out what the first half of the summer looks like. Cross your fingers that I get this internship I'm waiting to hear from. That's about it for me. Have a good week!

No comments: