Thursday, July 7, 2011

TGIT...

One thing I love about my study abroad programs over here: 3-day weekends!!!! :-D

So this week has been pretty good. Monday was the 4th of July and so we all (all 30 of us, or however many there are) went out. We just hung close to "home" and went to The Snug (the pub next door). They gave us a ton of coupons that was like get an American Burger and get a free cocktail. Now the burger = disgusting, but the cocktail was good. :) It was a fun night though. It was so fun there were some people missing in class the next day. Lol.

The next three days were pretty uneventful. Went to class, and then studied. Lol. Last night Jesse and I headed to The Free Press (we've decided this will be our regular Wednesday night hang out) and gossiped a little and chatted w/ the locals.

Today, in fact in about an hour, I'll be heading to the train station to head to London and catch a plane to Germany. We'll be in Munich this weekend. Although Friday we're taking a day trip to Salzburg, Austria. I'm really looking forward to this trip, although I think Kevin is kind of nervous. He's not really used to travelling, but once we're there it'll be good, I'm sure.

Most of our other friends are heading to London for the weekend. Some are leaving in about an hour, and others are going later, or tomorrow. There's about 8 of them who got wristbands to.... get this.... the Harry Potter Premiere in Trafalgar Square tonight. They went right after class yesterday and stood in line to get the last few wristbands! So apparently they have Trafalgar Square fenced off, and this wrist band gets you into the square mile fenced off area where the red carpet is. I'm not sure if they'll get close to see anyone (mainly b/c I don't know how many wristbands they gave out) but someone said the red carpet is a mile long, and so hopefully they'll be able to get some awesome pics. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit jealous right now, and by a little bit, I mean a lot! :)

Anyways, that's all from here. I need to get packing. I'll post again on Monday!

No comments: