Friday, January 13, 2012

Back to School I Go

Well, I have survived my first week back to school. I think it's going to be a pretty good semester as far as classes go. I've got Family Law with Professor Bell who is highly respected in the family law realm in MS. Secured Transactions, which is a business law class. Civil Procedure II which is a very practical class since it teaches you how to actually file a lawsuit. US Space Law with the foremost professor on Space Law. Ole Miss has the most respected (and one of the few) Space Law programs. Last, but not least I am taking Federal Trial practice which is a class on how to conduct a trial.

Overall, it will be a very informative and practical semester. However, my schedule leaves me somewhat wanting, mainly because the only days that are the same are Mondays and Wednesdays, and that is somewhat annoying, but oh well. Here is my schedule:

Monday - Family Law 9:30-11 and Secured Transactions 3-4:30
Tuesday - Civ Pro II 9:30-11; Space Law 12:30-2; and Federal Trial Practice 2-5
Wednesday - Family Law 9:30-11 and Secured Transactions 3-4:30
Thursday - Space Law 12:30-2
Friday - Civ Pro II 9:30-11

Like I said, a little random. This first week has been a little hectic because I've had to run errands and get my schedule/routine down. Luckily, I have a 3 day weekend to get caught back up (I'm already behind, how crazy is that?) and I'll be using it.

I have also begun sending off more resumes for summer internships. I know. I know. I should have done it over Christmas, and I did to an extent, but now the motivation is really there. So wish me luck, and if you know any lawyers/law firms that need a summer clerk let me know! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. in Memphis said...

good luck this semester!!!