Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall break

So the past two days have been Fall Break for me. I've decided Fall Break is an illusion. It's just two days of no classes that school gives you in the middle of the semester to get caught up in all of your classes. I had a lot of fun though.

I drove home Friday night, picking up Gavin, my cousin Erin's 20 mo. son, on the way. We got to baby-sit him Friday night through Saturday night while Erin was at a wedding in McKenzie, TN. Gavin didn't cry a single bit while in the car, but as soon as we got out of the car and into the house, and he realized mommy wasn't there he started crying. So we turned on Cars, his favorite movie, and he forgot about pretty much everything else. There were very little troubles the rest of the weekend. That night I went out with a friend. We went and played pool and darts. It was fun.

Saturday was the OU-Texas game... boo Longhorns (especially since they won). I worked on my Public Relations homework while I watched it. We also took Gavin to the pumpkin patch and got him a new toy car, which was inadvertantly left at our house. That night we celebrated dad's 50th birthday, a week late, but still. We had spaghetti, french bread, and blackberry pie and ice cream. It was very good. Gavin loved the blackberry pie. it was so cute. he'd get up on the chair and say "bite" to my mom, who would give him a bite, and then he would get down and go play, and then come back and repeat the process. That night Erin came in and we chilled that night. it was cool.

Sunday I went to church with my mom and sister and Erin and Gavin. Erin and Gavin left for home. My computer was confiscated for the day to run virus scans. I spent the day chillaxin' and watching tv. :) I got my computer back that night and rewrote my University Relations article for Basic Reporting.

Monday I spent the day at mom's school giving out surveys for my Adidas campaign for my public relations campaign. That night a friend and I went out to see Eagle Eye. It was an amazing movie. Then We went to Texas Roadhouse where I got caught up on the latest gossip I had missed in the two months I had been gone. After that we went over to his place to watch You've Got Mail. It was a lot of fun.

Today I pretty much got up, took my time getting everything together, and then proceeded to drive 5 hours back to school. For some reason the cops were out in full force today, more than usual, so it actually took me 5 hours to get home. Sad day. I got back, and met Stephanie, who had my ID so she could get a meal earlier that day when the new student center opened, and we went over to the new student center and explored. It is amazing! When you're inside it, you feel like you actually go to a big school. It's so cool. I love it, and it was totally worth the inconvience of a year and a half of construction, almost. Now, I'm continuing to do homework, and getting ready to go to bed. Hope everyone had a great weekend/beginning of the week!

1 comment:

Molly said...

It sure was great to have you home!!
Love you
Mom