Tuesday, October 28, 2008

crazy days

So apparently after Fall Break my life ceased to exist. I've been going from one hing to another, and when i get a chance to relax I rarely do. So here's a short run down of all the important things going on here:

The weather skipped fall and went from summer to winter. Today the high was 44 degrees. Yesterday I played flag football in 40 degree weather. It was cold, very very cold. I am liking the cold weather a lot though. I'm breaking out all the warm clothes, although I'm running out so this Saturday is laundry day.

I'm working pretty steadily at the Roadhouse. I work Wed. nights, Fri and Sat nights, and Sunday mornings. Unless, of course, I ask off for one of those days, which includes the next 3 Saturdays!!! Oh well. I make ok tips there, they average out I think.

I'm passing all my classes, which is always a plus. I kinda don't care about Basic Reporting because it doesn't matter if i try my hardest or not i still get a 'C'. I'm kinda like w/e for that. PR is starting to get a little harder as more work is being do. I'm still loving history, just finished my presentation in there last week, next thing do is a paper. Theory has turned into research and concentrating more on our research proposals. Audio is just a 3 hour homework period for me. Voice is amazing. I'm beginning to memorize my songs for my jury at the end of the semester.

Our flag football team is 1 and 2 now, which is all sorts of fun. I enjoy playing/running around. :) I like to go to other teams games as well. Sig Ep has two 'B' teams, one of actives and one of pledges. They played each other last week and the actives won 45 to 14. They played again tonight, and the pledges beat the actives 36 to 33. The actives were not very happy. I'm sure the pledges heard about that later this evening.

This Friday is Halloween and I have been invited to a closed Halloween Party at Sig Ep, which I am really excited about! I am going to be a referee for halloween. I've got a really cute costume and everything. :) On Saturday is Carnation Ball. Amanda and I are having our dates over for dinner before we leave. It should be a good time. I'm really excited about that too.

Last weekend Sugarland played on Friday night, and one of the country stations came to the roadhouse to give away free tickets form 4 to 6 so at 5:30 we had a 60 to 75 minute wait on our hands. Then after work on Saturday night I went over to Sig Ep to hang out with some buddies. it was a good time.

In other words, somehow I'm managing to maintain a balance b/t my school work, my social life, and my actual work. Don't ask how, just go with it. I'm loving life right now and living each day the best I can. I'm in a great place right now. Everything seems to be going my way, and I'm pretty content.

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

I love reading your adventures of college life Kirsten-takes me back :)
Sounds like you are doing a good job of juggling all the balls of life right now-keep it up!
Love, Aunt Debi :)