Tuesday, January 27, 2009

3pm? Really?

Now as I mentioned earlier... I love snow, but I would prefer to play in the snow, not walk through it on my way to class. As I'm sure most of you know, the Midwest has been pelted with snow and ice since yesterday morning. It started icing here around 10 pm last night, just in time for me to walk from the the gym, where I was watching IM basketball, back to my dorm in my heeled boots. Needless to say I slipped a few times. By the time midnight hit, the ground and cars were covered with a mix of snow and ice. Everyone was really excited because surely that meant there would be no school. All the schools were closed as well as many businesses. Well 8am rolled around, and no Text Messages were sent out letting students know there would be no class. 10am rolled around, and I got my computer hoping my teacher had cancelled his class... no such luck. So I got out of bed, got dressed, and walked over to class. As I walked into class I received a text messgae "The University of Evansville will close at 3pm on Tuesday Jan. 27, 2009." Perfect... my only class is at 11.... *sigh* Oh well. At least I have the afternoon to play in the snow. :) Supposedly we're supposed to get 4-8 inches... I'm kind of like I'll believe it when I see it.

Exciting things this past week. UE had Musical Madness this past weekend. Musical Madness happens every year, and how it works is, organizations sign up to participate, and get paired with another organization. Usually, a fraternity will get paired with a sorority, so everyone has guys and girls. Then each group is given a theme. This year's theme was Brother's Grimm Fairy Tales. My group was given Snow White, there was also Hansel and Gretel, The Frog Prince, Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin, and Rapunzel. You take that fairy tale and you put a new spin on it. You write a 15 minute musical and the people from your organization perform that musical. Ours was "Snow White Gone Wild" and Snow White went on Spring Break in Mexico where she met the dwarfs, and the evil step mother sends her henchman, Hogar, to drop poisonous apple chap stick in Snow White's bag, and then of course, the prince comes along and kisses here and all is well. I was a plane going to Mexico, a random girl who throws money at Hogar and a dancer. I didn't have a bigger part, because i could only make it to a few rehersals at the end. I had so much fun though. I'm sad that it is my last one. I've done it every year, and I think this year was probably or best year. We didn't place or anything, but when they had everyone cheer for their favorite group, Phi Mu totally won! That was pretty cool.

That's really the big things that happened. Sig Ep A Go Go (which is a dance competition) is the next thing to take over my life. The theme is 50s and I'm really excited. We have our first meeting tomorrow night. Yay!!! The end for now. Time for bed.

No comments: