Friday, January 9, 2009

First week of my last semester

So this week i started my last week of undergrad, and possibly school in general. It's a cool feeling.

This semester I am taking Ad Agency Creative Philosophies and this class only meets Wednesday mornings at 9. This is taught by Dr. Stankey who is wild and crazy and I love all of his classes. I am taking Senior Seminar which is M-W-F at 10. I am really excited about this one because we are put into teams and we find a company and we come up with a campaign for that company. Today we were split into 3 groups and came up with activities for the rest of the class to play that were competitive, so we played charades, thumb war, and paper football. By the end of the semester, we won't be meeting very often if at all. I am taking Media Law and Ethics on M-W-F at noon with my advisor, Dr. Shifflet. It's another Shifflet class, but I love Dr. Shifflet, and he's a great teacher. Monday nights at 6 I have Video Production, and I am really excited about it.

So those are my communication classes, and it's great b/c those first three have about 15 people in common. Wednesdays are fun. After advertising about 15 of us migrate one floor upstairs for our next class, and then after that class, most of us go to lunch, and then an hour later we all returnto the same room where advertising is and sit through Media Law. :) It really is amusing, and it's nice too, because I will always have someone around me to ask what's going on.

I am also taking voice and piano this year, both for one hour. Piano is Mondays at 2 for a half hour, and I'm no sure when voice is yet. On top of this, I am a tutor for Basic Web Production again, but I am actually tutoring a blind student in this class, so I have to attend classes with him which is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 to 12:15. So my Tuesdays and Thursdays are no longer free. Oh well. I get paid $25 a week to sit in a class i've already taken and play on my laptop. Woot!

Of course I'm still working at Texas Roadhouse, at least through March. I work Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sun morning. In April starts softball season. I'm an assistant coach for Mater Dei High School again. I'm pretty excited about it. Of course working makes it a little hard to attend all the pre-season practices, but I will be going to as many as possible.

It should be a good semester. I'm excited. I worked Wed, Thurs, and tonight, and I work Sun morning (all of those shifts were picked up). Tonight after work I'm going out with a couple of my girl friends to RiRa's Irish Pub. I think this semester is starting off well. :-D

No comments: