Tuesday, October 26, 2010

keep moving forward

So last week was absolutely awful, which is why I missed a week writing. We're just not even going to go over it.

The weekend before last Chelsea came up to see me. We had fun. I showed her around Oxford and she met a bunch of my friends. I think she had fun. Then commenced really bad week including a little bit of crying, some break downs, and good friends to help me feel better. But, we're skipping over. Last Friday a bunch of my friends and I went to Northern MS for a bonfire and some Halloween fun. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores on the bonfire. The place we went was actually a farm, and they set up a haunted hayride, trail of terror through the woods, a corn maize, and a fun house type attraction. I went to it last year with some people from Memphis. It was a blast and I think everyone else had fun too. Saturday I woke up and decided to go home. I just needed to get away for the weekend. So I surprised my family by walking in at 10 am. :) I spent the weekend lazing around, watching football. Saturday night I went to go see Secretariat with my friend Robyn, and I ended up staying through Sunday night and driving home Monday morning in time to make it back for class. It was good I went home. I felt better on Monday morning.

So last night was kickball, and my team lost. :( So not cool. Then last night I had my friend Travis over and we watched the Cowboys do really well and then suck it up bad! Tonight I'm going to an etiquette dinner to learn how to be proper at a business meeting, and then Trivia night. Tomorrow I'm playing IM soccer. I finally found a team! I'm super happy about that!!! I am also dog sitting this week for a classmate so I get to have a furry friend running around the house, another thing I'm really happy about since I was convinced to wait until next semester to get my own. Thursday = crazy day: pink dress run and Halloween party. It's going to be awesome! Then this Saturday is the Ole Miss v. Auburn game. It's going to be huge!

After this week starts down month where all the 1Ls start studying for finals in a month. Right now I'm just taking it one day at a time, and trying to move on from last week. Yesterday was easier than today, but maybe tomorrow will be better. Here's hoping.

No comments: