Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Plans

Ok, I know it's been a while. But in my defense, it's been a little busy.


My 2L year is done, and grades are due out tonight (why at 10pm is beyond me, at least make it 5 or 6).

I survived my 3 finals (Family Law, Civil Procedure II, and Secured Transactions). I also got my paper turned in for my space law class. It was about how the new Patent law in America will affect space inventions. The short version is, they don't. Woo! a 13 page paper that can be summer up in 3 words!!! Yeah, it was rough trying to put as much space stuff in there as possible.

This summer I'll be interning at one of the courts downtown in Memphis. I'll be in circuit court, which I think will be fun. I already had to figure out a wrongful death suit, which took a while because the lawyers did not write enough information and I had no clue what "in camera" meant (for you reference, it means produced to the judge only so they can make a ruling on the evidence). I'll be working there Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons and then Friday mornings.

This summer I'll also be coaching the Rhodes Swim team with my mom. I'll be doing that Mon-Thurs mornings and Thursday nights. I'm really excited for that and getting to spend time at the pool and work with the kids. I'll also be getting paid, which is always nice.

So I am really bad about watching what I eat at school. Usually because I'm too stressed or busy to care what I eat or go work out. I haven't gone up to my pre-law school weight, but I'm back up higher than I want to be. I'm going on vacation for the week of Fourth of July, which is 6 weeks away. I am determined to lose some where between 10 and 15 pounds between now and then. I would like to get down where I want and then maintain it.

I actually did really well last week, and then I went a little too crazy this weekend, but there was a lot of stuff going on. I know, I know, I shouldn't make excuses.

It's a good goal, but it will be a little difficult I am sure. I'm putting it on here, because I'm hoping it will keep me honest and get some people to keep me honest as well. So people, if you see me or follow me, ask me how it's going and if I'm keeping to it. Hopefully once I get on a schedule with jobs and such, things will be a lot easier. Things are always easier when I'm on a schedule. I hope that doesn't make me boring.

This week is another somewhat down week. I worked this morning and I'm working Thursday, and that's it. Starting next Tuesday swim team and my normal intern schedule will begin.

I hope everyone has a good summer, I plan to (considering it's my last one before the real world).

No comments: