Thursday, September 17, 2009

5:45????

So I decided that I really need to get in shape. I went jean shopping the other day and it was one of the most awful experience ever. Trying on pair after pair that don't fit! Ugh! I've already been trying to eat better, and I've done pretty good... except the occasion that I decide to eat at work (or snack as is usually what i do. What can I say... cheese and bacon roll sandwiches are amazing!)

Anyways... So I decided that in addition to walking and such... I would go to weights with mom in the morning. Although I didn't enjoy swimming too much, I do have to admit I have never been more in shape than when I was swimming 5 days a week and lifting twice a week. I'm helping mom with the swim team this winter, and right now I'm only going to practice once a week, until they start swimming full time. But the team has also started lifting, Tuesday and Thursday mornings form 6:15 - 7:15 am. This is easier for me to do, b/c my mom can come upstairs and bug me if I don't get up. :) I'm not very good at self-motivation.

So today was the first day I went. We had to leave at 6 am. Which means I got to get up at 5:45 am. And as my Facebook status says... "since when is there a 5:45 in the AM???" But I remember from when I swam, it got easier as the weeks went on, and I'm actually looking forward to it.