Thursday, September 10, 2009

Complications

So my week has been full of complications, and it only started 3 days ago! Go figure! And here I thought exercise was supposed to be good for you. For those of you who don't know, I ran a 5k on Monday morning with no training what so ever. And I kept up with mom pretty well (who has been training for almost a year now I think) until about the last half mile when we had to run uphill... yeah that didn't agree with me. I was a tad sore on Tuesday when I woke up. Lol.

So Tuesday I worked Kids' Night. Now in general... I love kid's. I mean, I used to work at a day care while I was in college. You don't do that if you don't love kids. Kids' Night though, is a something totally separate. No server likes Kids' night, and if it were possible, everyone would ask off for Tuesdays. All kids eat free on Tuesday nights... great ploy to get repeat business. Unfortunately parents only get the minimal when their kids eat free. For example: 2 parent and 3 kids come to eat. The 3 kids get 3 kids drinks (free) and 3 kids meals (free). The parents get 2 waters (free) and 2 6oz sirloins, baked potatoes with butter and sour cream and two salads with ranch (about $20 after taxes). So we have a $20 meal for 5 people who sit their for an hour and a half because in order to get their meals free their kids have to do an arts and crafts project, and then the kids are getting their face painted, waiting for Andy the Armadillo to come around and see them, or waiting for the balloon man to come and make them something. After all is said and done, the parents leave you $3, maybe $4 if you're lucky. Now $4 is 20%, but if you only have 10 tables all night, and each one gives you $4... that's only $40, and then you have to pay tipshare and silver... and for that we're tlaking another $10 off your final walk out amount. $30 after 6 hours of work? That's not even minimum wage. Anyways... That's just a taste of Kids Night, you also have to imagine a Chucky Cheese type atmosphere with all the kids every where.

This particular night I went in and got my schedule, and my manager had put me working 6 days in a row (including that night) and he had me expoing on Sunday, when I had specifically told him,when he first asked if I would expo regularly, that I would expo any two days M-Th, but Fri, Sat, and Sun I wanted to serve, because that's when I made bank, and I was hired to Serve anyways, and he had agreed. This was the second time in a row. So after a night of fuming, and getting a $0.50 on a $50, I went to talk to him, and got it sorted out. So I felt better about that.

Yesterday, Wednesday, when I got up in the morning and checked my e-mail, I found that one of my letters of recommendation had been received as well as my Southwest Transcript. They had been received my the Law School Data Assembly Service, which is a service all law schools use. You send transcripts and recommendations to this service, they compile a report and send it to all the schools you're applying too. It's really quite nifty. Well somehow a transcript form the University of Tennessee - Knoxville had been received as well. So I called Knoxville to find out what happened. I talked to 4 different people, and they finally said, no, we have no record of you attending here, we don't know why this was sent here. So I called the LSDAS and they told me that Southwest had sent it, and I needed to call them to get it fixed. So, I called Southwest, and talked to 5 separate people up there before the situation resolved itself. It was obviously a mistake, but I was so confused as to how it happened.

So that's my complicated week... hopefully, the rest of the week is less complicated. Now... back to studying for the LSAT (which I'm taking again at the end of this month).

No comments: