Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Lost Symbol and De-stressing

So last night I finished reading "The Lost Symbol" Dan Brown's new novel. This is the third book in the DaVinci Code Trilogy. Angels and Demons was first, then DaVinci Code, and lastly The Lost Symbol. The first two caused major controversies around very religious people. Many found the things discussed, absolutely appalling. Especially in the second book. This book, is less about religion and more about science. I love the science it discusses though. I'm not entirely sure how much of it has been proven, but the stuff "proven" in the book answers a lot of questions that man has about himself and the environment around him. I think a lot of the religious people who objected to the DaVinci code will enjoy many of the things discussed. I don't want to give too much away about the book because I know my mom reads my blog, and she is just now starting it. :) I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone!


On another note... I decided to take the LSAT again. I will take it on Saturday morning. Yay for 6 more hours of mental torture. :-D Last time I got a 158 (the score is between 120 and 180) which is in the 75%. That's really good, but the schools I really want to get into have really good scores... even the lowest scores at these schools are in the 160s. I have taken three practice tests this week, in preparation I got a 163 on the first one, 157 on the second one, and 153 on the third one... EEEEEKKK!!! So I spent this afternoon working at mom's vball games, and tomorrow I am substitute teaching. So hopefully between those I'll be able to chill, relax, and de-stress. After all it's not like I NEED to take the test again. I'm doing it more to see if I can score better. I don't need to score better. I'm a communications major... I can market myself amazingly! :) Nerves... please melt away now.

1 comment:

Molly said...

You will do an AWESOME job on the test tomorrow!!!! :-)