Thursday, June 30, 2011

Still waiting on the dryer....

So I'm trying to get some laundry done before I head to Coventry (I'm not sure I will actually finish before I have to leave), and while I wait, I figured I'd update my blog. :)

So while I get to do free laundry here, because the house I live in has it's own washer/dryer in the kitchen. Here's the thing. My building is one of the two that actually have free laundry, and there are students in 5 or 6 houses. So everyone comes here to do laundry. I have a feeling that in the future I'll either be doing my laundry in the middle of the night or during class. Either way, it could be interesting. And of course, both washer and dryer are small (which is what I was expecting) so you have to do laundry like every 3-4 days. And the dryer... well let's just say it sucks. Lol. Oh well. I'm leaving for the weekend, if all else fails I'll just hang clothes around my room.

So I'm finally getting into the swing of things around here (just in time for the weekend, lol). I think the jet lag I had this time around was by far the worse I've ever experienced. I have since learned that when I come over, I need to get on a schedule asap, so my body can adjust quicker. Classes are definitely becoming more interesting, so that's good, and the teachers aren't half bad either. :) The guy from UTK is awesome. I really wish he taught at Ole Miss! And of course my British professor, John Hopkins is a character for sure. One of his favorite things to say is "what's the point in having prejudices if you don't air them?" Check his Wiki page out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hopkins_(lawyer)

Last night I grabbed my friend Jesse and took her to a less touristy English pub. It still wasn't as traditional as I'm used to, but I think since Cambridge is so touristy I'll be hard pressed to find what I'm used to. However, the place we went last night wasn't too bad. It was called The Free Press. While there we met several locals, and we'll definitely be back. It's only about a 10 min walk.

This weekend I'm heading to Coventry to visit Uncle Stephen and Lynne. I'm looking forward to seeing them. First though, I'm heading to Harlaxton. I'll be there tonight and tomorrow before heading to Coventry. I am soooooooooooo excited!!! :-D

Anyways, that's all from here. I've been snapping lots of pics, and I'll upload them as soon as I get a chance. Have a good weekend (I know I will)! :)

No comments: