Sunday, September 14, 2008

New girls and Ike

So my day began very interesting. I woke up around 7 to fire truck after fire truck after fire truck going by for about the next 5 hours. I also heard what sounded like pouring down rain, but it wasn't. In fact, it was 60 mile per hour gusts of wind! Hurricane Ike had come to Indiana with a vengeance. When I got up and went walking around their were trees down every where and a few power lines. In fact, a few houses had caution tape around them because of the amount of damage that was done. Trees and power lines are down all over the city. A few of the university buildings are without power including my apartment building from last year and the sorority suites. In fact, one of my classes has been canceled because my teacher had damage done to his house by the wind. Woo hoo!

Today is also the day that we got our new girls. :-D After all the annoyingness of recruitment it all comes down to this afternoon when we watched our new girls walk in the door. It was so exciting! Then, the excitement slowly dies down and we got to see who our new girls were... there were a few familiar faces, but many of the girls we loved had gone somewhere else. The girls we got I think are going to be good as well, but I'm still a little worried. I learned some things that I kind of think I would have rather been in the dark about. I can't do anything about it now though. All we can do is make the best of what we have.

I am very ready to be a regular student, and not a Phi Mu all the time student. I think it's jsut because recruitment wore me out. I am so looking forward to Thursday though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your apartment and car weren't damaged. Be sure to have lots of fun Thursday, you've earned it!