Monday, September 22, 2008

A typical weekend at college....

So this weekend was jut your typical average weekend at school...

Friday night I went to work, and got off at 8 (an occurrence I'm not expecting to happen again anytime soon), and then went to see "The Women" with my roommates Sam, Emily, and Amanda. It was so much fun. It was a chick flick through and through, and I highly suggest it, if only to hear the line, "Would you like a face lift in a jar?" "This is my face, deal with it." :) After the movie we walked out to my car to find a big green bug sitting on the hood, and a smaller one on top. Well we figured it would fall off while I was driving back to school, but as I pulled out of the parking lot, the bug was still there. I then proceeded to try to knock the bug off with some encouragement from my roommates, and believe it or not, that little bug stayed on all the way back home, and the little one on top did too. We were shocked!!! Then we proceeded to watch a few episodes of Gilmore Girls.

Saturday the plan was to get up, do some chores, studying, laundry, and grocery shopping, but I got a phone call from my friend Stephanie asking me to meet her for lunch at Cici's, her treat. Well, really, how can you turn that down? Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond, b/c they were having a sale, and Steph had a coupon. Then we went back to my place to get Amanda, and we proceeded to Plato's closet, since it was having a major sale, and all proceeded to spend too much money on amazing designer clothes for cheap such as a gap shirt for $4, a limited shirt for $6, a pair of American Eagle jeans for $12, ect... After that, we dropped Steph off at her car, and proceeded to Wal-Mart where Amanda and I were stopped in the parking lot by a cute guy trying to sell us stuff (go figure). He had a great line though, "You've got something in your eye" Amanda: "I do?" (tries to get it out) "A twinkle." Smooth, real smooth. So we went grocery shopping b/c we had little to zero food left, and then went back home and cooked dinner and went to passover.

Passover is the Fraternities version of bid day. It's where the men who rushed come out and show who they pleged and then proceed to jump on their new brothers and get passed over them. Of course, on top of that, all the brothers are painted head to toe in their fraternity colors. I love Sig Ep, so I was cheering the loudest for them. After that, we came back home to chill out before the parties, and I got a text msg from steph saying she had caught her kitchen on fire. i went over to her apartment (b/c she was going ot join us tonight) and made sure she was ok and brought some of the stuff she had bought earlier, but left in my car. She told me, she would join us later, and I went home and got ready. I think it took us about an hour to get ready. We went to SAE first, and got there about 11:15. We were greeted by a friend when we walked in who got us some Summer Brew, which tasted pretty good, a little like cide rin fact. It wasn't though, not at all... it was a case of beer, vodka, lime juice, and lemonade. A red solo cup of that and Amanda and I were both feeling it, her more than me. We then went to Sig Ep, and spent about an hour there. We met up with one of her small groupers who pledged Sig Ep, Matt. Then we came home and went to bed.

So Amanda and I had both signed up to do Race for the Cure this morning, but neither of us set our alarms to get up... ooops. So we both slept in. Amanda did get up and go to church though. I got up around noon, and got my laundry together, and walked out with my laundry card, my ID, and my laundry stuff. Well, when I got to the laundry room, I put my ID in the machine instead of my laundry card and got locked out of my room for about an hour... i didn't have my cell phone with me either. After I finally got into my room, I did the dishes and took a shower, and then had to go to Exec meeting for Phi Mu. Next was Formal meeting.

When I got back, I proceeded to finally work on homework, and about 9, Amanda and I decided we wanted to study outside. We went to a newly renovated place on campus and sat out here and studied until about 11:30 when we decided we'd call Matt, and tell him to bring us some food, but it took him so long, that we finally just went into Hale ourselves to meet him. We spent the next hour and half not studying at all, and then decided we needed to go home and go to bed. Amanda and I were walking back and noticed there was zero traffic at the intersection on Weinbach and Walnut (that never happens). So we decided to pull a "Notebook" the scene where they lie down in the middle of the street and watch the lights change, except we didn't lay down (too paranoid) so we just sat. During that time, a car came by and got stopped by the red light and looked at us. He waved, and kinda just looked at us, he didn't even notice his light was green until I pointed to it. It was really really funny. About a half hour after that, a security guard came around and asked waht we were doing, and we said we were watching the lights, and he was like, umm... could you not do that in the middle of the street, and we just laughed, and said sure. :) Now I'm back in my room gettign ready to go to bed, so I can actually be awake tomorrow. :)

Good night all, and welcome to college. :)

No comments: