Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Life as a student

Yesterday while I was reading for WWII I fell asleep, but it was only for 20 minutes, so all was good, and i retrieved my laundry before it got pulled out by someone who wanted my dryer. After that I went to the Labor Day picnic, because that's the school's way of making up for not giving us the day off of classes. Then i went to my night class. After my waaaaay boring audio production class with my very bitter professor (He recently got fired from his real job at a radio station), I went with my roommate Amanda to see House Bunny. It's a new movie out about a playboy bunny that becomes a house mother for a sorority. It's kind of controversial on our campus currently because the two main sororities are Zeta Alpha Zeta, Zeta for short, and Phi Iota Mu. The reason this so controversial is because two of the sororities on Evansville's campus is Zeta Tau Alpha, Zeta for short, and Phi Mu (my sorority). In the movie, Zeta is a bunch girls who are waaay weird and through the movie they get a make over and become these really hot girls who everyone pays attention to, but in the end they decide being themselves is the best, and they get the 30 pledges they needed (sorry if you were going to see the movie and I spoiled it for you). Phi Iota Mu in this movie is a sorority with a bunch of mean, preppy girls. The thing is some people were saying this could hurt Zeta, but in reality, I think it would hurt Phi Mu more. I guess we'll see with this year's recruitment starting in a week.

So today, i got up a little earlier and finished my homework. I went to my WWII class. I freaking love that class, and it's only the second class. :) Today we talked about what we think of when we think of WWII, perceptions of WWII, and what problems there are with those perceptions. We decided that the main perception of WWII was that it was a war of good vs. evil, good being the Allies and evil being the Axis. Then we discussed who really was evil, and discussed the horrific things that each side then, and then he asked again, who really was evil. I really think this class is going to make me think. I really like it.

I've also decided I'm going to explore a career in PR a little bit and add it to my many options for when i graduate in May, which is looming ever so near in the future. My dad always told me I'd make a great manager (and even though i hate to admit my dad is actually right, so do i), and I think PR would be a great way to combine that communications.

After classes I went to the store with Amanda so we could get things for the next two weeks of dinners. And then when we came back we watched three episodes of Gilmore Girls, and then went to a Hall meeting where we learned what to do and not do/not get caught doing. :-D Now it's Greek time!!!! I freaking love Greek! Greek rocks my socks off!!! After Greek I'm going to skit practice for theme night (3rd night) of recruitment until 11, and then I'll either proceed to work on homework I put off or save it until tomorrow when I have a 7 hour break and go to bed. Oh the life of a college student.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your WWII class!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed the picture at the top...very nice.

Molly said...

I love the picture too, billybobjoebob9! It is definitely very awesome!
WWII - hmmmm - not sure I would find it that interesting, but you go girl!!!!
Love you
Mom