Friday, September 5, 2008

UGH!!!

Ugh, I studied my butt of for this "quiz". I put quiz in quotations, b/c he just calls it a quiz, it's really a test, a test that we have every stinking Friday! Stupid Basic Reporting! When in the world does he think i have the time to read four newspapers front pages articles? Does he really think all college students have an abundance of time. Well, maybe regular ones do, but sorority members don't, oh and half our class is in a Greek organization!

So this test... 13 sentences with anywhere form 1 to 6 errors that could either be spelling errors, AP Style errors, or News errors. I'm fairly certain I got all the spelling errors, but the rest I pretty much sucked at. If you've never hear of AP Style it's the Associated Press Style. It's the style that all reporters use. For example in AP Style it is "all right" never "alright". Anyways, the AP Style book is very similar to a dictionary. This weeks test was over the As and Bs (about 40 pages total). No it's not like a reading a book. And the news! I mean, I've been scanning the headlines, and listening to CNN in all my spare time (HA!), and yet I missed the article about how the Pike Central football (not basketball) coach committed suicide and on a larger note, I missed the articles about Bush sending $1 billion (not $1 million, or $10 million as I corrected) to Georgia and the one about how we have an Embargo on Cuba (not the Bahamas) b/c of Gustav. Oh and of course I didn't know that The mayor of New Orleans is C. Ray Nagin (not Nagan)!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, that I along with the rest of the class made a 'C' or below. On the bright side, I'm 100% certain I got all the US states right.

Needless to say I am not in a good mood, no am I very pleased with my sorority. Oh and I would like to mention that on Monday I have a quiz, on Tuesday I have a presentation, and next Friday I have another test, and my sorority practices go something like this...

Friday - 5-7 and everyone is required to attend TKE's Glamour Girl from 7 -9
Saturday - Practice 9 -9 and then a party form 11 to midnight
Sunday- practice 2-9 (if Fox doesn't change it b/c she feels we're not ready enough)
Monday - practice 7-9 (which I actually get to miss b/c of a night class from 6-9)
Tuesday - practice 7-9
Wednesday - intro night, 5 party min. 4:30-10 (if we're lucky)
Thursday - Philanthropy night, 5 party min., first night selections 4:30 - 11:30 (if we're lucky)
Friday - Theme night, 4 party min., second night selections 4:30 - 1 am (if we're lucky)
Saturday - Pref night, 2 party min. not for sure about the times, but it will be around 2 to 7, and then we go to Olive Garden until 9ish
Sunday - Bid Day, 2 - 8? (if we're lucky)

Yeah, and I'm supposed to study when???

2 comments:

Molly said...

I'm tired just reading about it!!!!!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, you won't have to deal with it too much longer.